Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 9, 2017 8:00PM Oscar Peñas at World Cafe Live PHL

OSCAR PEÑAS

Oscar Peñas creates extraordinary musical experiences that enrich lives and empower individuals through collaboration, innovation and a passion for artistic excellence. His intuition and ear drive him into an amalgam of melodies that aims for the unexpected and merge multiple styles of music that do not cohere to a single signature style.
“I consider myself a multi-faceted musician; in my original compositions, ideas and references float freely. I like the mixture of multiple cultures that may seem incongruous as I move fluidly between different traditional genres. I take inspiration from life and pick up energy from my surroundings.”

His collaborators include Grammy winners Paquito D'Rivera, Gil Goldstein, Esperanza Spalding and Gregoire Maret.

"Peñas’ focus on making good heartfelt music is a breath of fresh air.” JazzTimes
Venue Information:
World Cafe Live Philadelphia - Upstairs
3025 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
http://philly.worldcafelive.com/
WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILADELPHIA - UPSTAIRS
FRI · JUNE 9, 2017
DOORS: 7:00 PM / SHOW: 8:00 PM
Tickets:$20 + FEES

No comments :

Post a Comment